Would you like to increase the number of Google reviews for your business by asking your satisfied customers to leave a review. Let’s look at how to create a link that will take your customer directly to an open window in Google where they can leave a review. That makes it easy and convenient, which will get your more reviews.
Before people can leave a review for your business that will show up in the Google search results, first you need a Google My Business listing. If you do not have one, click that link and create one. Or search for your business and see if Google created one for your business based on information they found around the internet, and if so, go to it and claim it as yours.
When you have a Google My Business listing, this is where the information comes from that would show up in Google’s Local Search Results. Those are the results that show up in Google search results that have a map next to them and typically list up to 3 of the top local results Google is suggesting for you. This is different from the natural search results which are not related to what Google is presenting as “local” responses to your search.
How to create the link
To create a link, you’ll need to get the Place ID for your business. To get your Place ID:
- Go to the Google Places API.
- Enter your business information in the “Enter a location” field at the top of the map.
- Click your business name in the list that appears.
- Your Place ID will appear on the map, beneath your business name.
- Add your Place ID to the following URL to create your link: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=<place_id>
- So the result might look like this: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJrwfuSfxdhIARPKLraEi_FWo
Related Bonus Tip (straight from Google): How to Improve your Local Ranking on Google
Share in the comments below if this post helped you,
along with what type of business you have.
Thanks for stopping by